FEEL-GOOD FALL CHALLENGE
1. Intentions are far more powerful than many could even begin to imagine and how you start your day greatly affects how the remainder of your day will unfold. Remember that each and every morning we choose how we are going to show up in the world. So why not choose to show up with love, gratitude, kindness and compassion. Choose to show up for your highest good and take steps towards achieving that state of mind. Visualize and FEEL how you want the next 24 hours to be and them embrace that energy to the fullest. Remember that you’re in control.
2. There are 1,440 minutes in a day. If you meditated for just 14.4 of those 1,440 minutes, it is still only a mere 1% of your entire day… So, taking five minutes to clear your mind, find your center, and start the day with peace is only a fraction of a single percent of your entire day. So for those of you saying “I don’t have time to meditate,” I suggest you find another excuse (;
3. This can be a gentle walk, vigorous run, yoga, dancing, riding a bike… really anything that allows the physical body to MOVE. The health benefits of this are endless, on top of clearing your mind, and releasing pent up energy. I promise you’ll feel amazing afterwards.
4. I’m sure a bad habit of yours has already popped into your mind... Give yourself 30 days to LET IT GO. Make a conscious change to your routine and don’t go too hard on yourself at first. Habits take time to train out of our lives. If you start now, you will be 30 days closer to leaving it in the past at the end of this challenge. That’s more than you can say today, right? The future starts NOW.
5. Did you know that up to 60% of the adult human body is water? To function properly, all the cells and organs of the body need proper hydration. I.E. keeping hydrated is crucial for health and well-being. Despite this being widely known, so many of us struggle to consume enough fluids each day resulting in various illnesses and general feelings of dis-ease. The benefits of drinking water are endless, yet many choose not to make this a priority. For the next 30 days, get yourself into the habit of drinking more water and take notice of how much better your physical body feels when you do.
6. Do your best to eat foods that are nourishing to your physical vessel and aid in healing (such as fresh fruits, veggies, and whole grains). Try to stay away from processed foods, refined sugars, alcohol, caffeine, and too much meat/dairy. I know how extreme this can be for some of you, so please choose what resonates and do your best. Only you know what’s right for your body at any given time, so listen to your intuition on this one! I highly suggest if you are aiming to cut anything out completely to shoot for refined sugars or processed foods.
7. No matter your age, gender, or self-care routine, daily conscious breathing is vital for each and every person. Proper breathing activates the body’s relaxation response, which in turn improves your body's ability to function properly and efficiently, improves performance, increases sleep quality, helps anxiety, great for digestion and general immunity, and so much more.
8. Around every corner lurks a lie. So many have become so accustomed to “little white lies” that they tell them without even batting an eye. Practice honesty and take notice of how good it feels to speak TRUTH. Oh.. and this includes telling lies to yourself too! Yes, negative self-talk is also labeled under that category! You are so divinely perfect just as you are and anything stating otherwise is a LIE. Nip that sh*t in the bud! The second you feel a limiting belief arise, switch it to something positive and say it until you believe it!
9. “But, I don’t really complain…” I’m sure a lot of you are saying this internally. And if you don’t, well then bravo!! But the truth is that most of us do this without even being conscious of it. “This line is so long,” “It’s too hot,” “this guy is driving so slow,” “my job sucks,” “It’s Monday…" Need I continue? So many of us spend so much of our time a negative mindset without even realizing it! Our society is so accustom to complaining that it has become imbedded into us. Start by noticing what you’re complaining about. Then become aware of this and how often you subconsciously make this complaint. Then, as your awareness grows, turn your complaint into a solution. If that cannot be done, try your best to detach yourself from the situation regarding the complaint.
10. What is your idea of self-care? Maybe it’s taking a bath, meditating, doing yoga, going through a skincare routine, etc. Self-care is going to mean something entirely different for everyone. Try making a list of everything you love to do for self care and take some time each day to do it! Do your best to switch it up as much as possible through the 30 days.
11. Doesn’t it seem like the messier our homes get, the less we actually want to clean them? If we took the time each day to tidy the messes that we made throughout the course of us being awake, it will stay clean enough to not be overwhelmed later in the week. Having a clean home is an act of self-love. You deserve to live in a space that makes your mind feel less cluttered and more motivated.
12. I know some of you are already saying "I don't have 30 items to get rid of!" I would like to beg to differ... Start with small items like receipts or junk lying around, then each day maybe allow the items to grow larger. Find items in your pantry, fridge, cabinets, closets, drawers, and eventually get rid of those big items around the house. Consider donating as much as you can to charity instead of trashing items. Who knows.. maybe you’ll even notice you have more than 30 items that are ready to be released!
13. Do your best to avoid TV and social media as much as possible (yes, I know how silly this sounds being that challenge inspirations will be posted on social media)... but do your best to stop the mindless scrolling. Turn off the news and focus your energy on the positive things in your life. Then take notice of how much more time you have in your day and fill it with self-love and care!
14. Make sure to do your part in spreading light, love, and positivity! Strive to do an act of selfless service every single day. Try not to think too much into this one (kindness doesn’t have to be extravagant). This can be as simple as smiling at a stranger, giving someone a compliment, or holding a door. Maybe give a business a positive review, or you could take it one step further and purchase a stranger’s coffee or put an extra few bucks in the tip jar. You could pick up a piece of trash that you find in the street or make a donation to charity. P.S. - if you donate the item you’re getting rid of, this counts for both!
15. Do your best to make sure this is a book that will aid in personal growth. Make sure that you are reading it at your own pace, but that you can finish it within the 30 days. If you are better at giving yourself a page amount per day, take the total number of pages and divide it by 30. That’s how many pages you should be getting through a day to stay on track.
16. Get a specific journal dedicated to this purpose. Maybe it’s just a bunch of looseleaf paper kept in a folder - it doesn’t matter. Write about your day and how you experienced it. What did you do? How did you feel while doing it? Who did you see? How did you feel interacting with that person/those people? What did you eat? How did it affect your body? What was your overall emotion? What could have triggered these emotions? What would you have done differently? Reflect. So often, we come home at the end of the day and complain instead of reflect. Choose to take the events of the day and learn from them instead of dwelling on them. How can you show up for yourself to ensure tomorrow will be better?
17. Start a gratitude list. At the end of the day, write down three things you are thankful for. When you take the time to focus on the good things in your life you naturally become a more positive person. By writing down what you are thankful for, it can make you more optimistic because you are choosing to see more of the positivity in your life. This in turn, gives less power to negative emotions. Showing gratitude means you are acknowledging the goodness in your life. The more you focus your energy on that goodness, the more goodness you will receive. Like attracts like! Show gratitude and the Universe will provide you with more things to be grateful for.
18. Everyday, we interact with so many different energies. We give some of our energy to others, others give some of their energy to us, we accidentally absorb energy without even knowing it. Each night before you go to bed, affirm that you are pulling back any energy that you gave out that day. Affirm that you are giving back any energy that is not yours that you may have taken. Then visualize a white light pouring down through the crown of your head all the way through your body and out of the soles of your feet. Affirm that your energy has been cleansed and FEEL into how clear your vessel is.